9/18/2011

Yay I can go to Bars!

   Drinking is looked at a lot different here. You are legal to drink at 16 but you can't drive until you're 18 and it costs a lot of money and training. Unlike back home where I started driving on my moms lap when I was like 3. The roads here are a LOT smaller and they drive was faster. On the autobahn you are allowed to drive as fast as you want, pretty sweet. I got to drive Luisa's little car, Sasha, she is closely compared to a Geo in the states, but runs faster and better I would say. The first day I got there I went with Luisa to a bar (and didn't get carded) her friend was working at and had my first drink, exciting. I had some kind of cocktail. Then during the next couple of days Luisa showed me around her town, we walked around the Marktplatz and saw all the old buildings and err thing. We had spaghetti Eis, at first I was like wtf, ice cream that tastes like spaghetti, sick. But it just looks like spaghetti!!! They made it look like noodles with strawberry sauce on top to look like tomato sauce. It's a really pretty cute little town.
 We went to her Opa and Oma's house for lunch. OMGSH, so good. I had some real traditional German food- red cabbage, knodel and meat. It tasted so good. I went with Luisa and her class to Bensheim, and we went on a little tour on this route that had to do with some people back in WWII, pretty interesting. Then we went to a "real" Italian restaurant. It was really good and the waiters were hot, but I still love Olive Garden. -O Garden till I die-
  The first week I was there it was Luisa's "project week" so they were just doing this project thingy with the younger kids. And one day we were to walk up to the castle, yup that didn't quite happen. Luisa is the worst person to go hiking with. We started up the path, and had a smokers break about every 10 minutes, then we decided lets go back down and drive the car up. So then we drove the car up as far as we could, then we had to get out and walk some more, but then  everyone got tired again, so we just didn't make it up to the castle.
Sasha- zee shashy sheep

Spaghetti Eis
Pearly

Balou- He loves me

vineyards err where!! so many!

I have to have un-sparkling water!!!

Heppenheim

yumm cocktail

Oma and Opa

No comments:

Post a Comment