11/11/2012

Greece

                                     

Greece was my favorite country I visited and I can't wait to go back. The people in Greece were so friendly. One time we got lost walking around and a guy pulled over to help us, then another guy and his kids stopped to help also, then they took us into the store to get even more help! The weather was beautifully sunny and warm. Our first stop was Athens. The first night I was suppose to stay with a couch surfer but I didn't make to his house in time so I stayed with Shanon and Phillip in their Hostel. Their hostel manager guy was the nicest man ever. He turned this apartment into a Hostel and ran it with his mother. He let me stay free of charge and even got me a mattress and blankets for the night. The only thing about his hostel was that it was right on the hooker corner, he said that disturbs people so he loses some business. Which sucks because he was so nice and welcoming! But then the next two nights I stayed with a couch surfer, there were three others there also couch surfing!!! Finally I got to the Acropolis! I took an Art History class my freshman year and ever since I wanted to this amazing structure, and boom there it was! We walked around a Athens, by the end Shanon and I were complaining, we were tired of walking. But we got some great pictures and saw some amazing things. The food in Greece is really good too, and everything is cheap. The common food to get is called a Gyro, it's like a pita break with shaved meat and tatziki sauce, so good! We took a ferry to Santorini, it was awesome! When I think of ferry, I think of old times with an open dock and everyone piled on, um well no, this ferry was huge like a cruise ship! With movies, drinks, food, everything! Shanon and Phillip had already booked a hotel for Santorini, I had not. But when we got there a bunch of the hotel/hostel people come to the dock to pick up their guests and take them back up the hill to their place. Luckily, I found a guy with open seats and open spots at his hostel and it was super cheap, 8 euros a night! He also gave Shanon and Phillip a ride to their hotel since their person didn't show up. We were there in the off season so Santorini wasn't very packed, good for me! Except the weather was not very nice, which sucked because I was right on the water. My hostel rented out four-wheelers, that was my ride for the next few days. Oh ya, I did meet and older French dude, invited me over for a drink, but I didn't go haha! Santorini was very pretty, I'd love to go back when it's warmer and also I would love to see the other islands Greece has to offer. I spent most the time wandering around alone on my four-wheeler taking pictures, was really nice! I flew home alone from Greece, I took a flight from Santorini to Athens then back to Frankfurt. Shanon and Phillip flew to Istanbul.

ACROPOLIS~~~!!!!

















Santorini


my ride

























No comments:

Post a Comment